Why Artspan is Different
Artspan has many of the same features as those found with other artist website providers. See why Artspan is truly different & the first choice in artist websites.
- Ecommerce package is included in all sites at no extra cost.
- Prints-on-Demand. Artists upload hi-res images and decide on sizes and pricing for the prints. Buyers choose mats and frames. Artspan prints, ships and handles transaction details. Print quality is excellent.
Art Storefronts (ASF) trumpets their Prints feature and are charging commissions in addition to monthly fees (see below). We were the first website builder to integrate Prints-on-Demand into our artist websites (in 2007). And we are miles cheaper. Neither FASO nor Squarespace have it.
- Customize the Design. Completely change the look of your site with a click of the mouse. Layout, content and images are automatically transferred to the new design. Your old designs are all saved, so you can always go back.
No one else seems to have this... for example, a Squarespace site has to be completely redone in order to showcase a new look.
- Artspan Marketplace. No other provider has a marketplace with search functions and filters that encourage the visitor to drill down and find art they love. The individually branded artist sites work independently of the Marketplace. Thus the artist has 2 ways to sell: to their own collectors through their site or to art lovers who don't know their work but find work they like in the Marketplace. Searches by color, genre, medium, price, etc.
- Augmented Reality (A/R) feature will be ready this summer (we have a working test model ready - just need to find the time to get it into production). This will help you sell art by placing the artwork in the context of a specific room using a cell phone. Our only competitor in this area is Art Storefronts who charge a set-up fee of $2,800 (!) for their top plan which includes the A/R feature.
- Artspan Support: email, live chat and phone. See if you get anyone at Squarespace, FASO or ASF on the phone – ASF will call you back. FASO does have a number listed. Squarespace does not - they only allow email or live chat support.
- Pricing: Artspan gives you a lot more for a lot less.
Artspan has a 30 day free trial and the three plans are all-inclusive. No extra charges for any feature. Cost of the plans is $8.30, $16.60 and $24.90/month. Free 30 day trial. NO set-up fee.
FASO pricing: from $8 Intro Plan to $35/month. Free trial. No set-up.
ASF has a set-up charge from $1,000 to $2,800 and a monthly fee of $44 to $59/month. Commissions on art sold run from 5% to 15%.
Squarespace: monthly fees are $8.00 to $40/month. Ecommerce enabled sites are $26 to $40. See Trustpilot for reviews. Users have found the set-up to be difficult.
ARTSPAN: trusted by artists since 1999, and the first company to offer artist websites.